Reporting bugs or wishes
Thanky you for taking the time to report things that are borken, missing, or should be improved, in RKWard. Before you do, a few basic guides to make sure we can handle your input, efficiently. We'll make it short:
Browsing and commenting on existing bugs and wishes
- Whenever possible, use the template provided by Help->Report Bug from within RKWard. This will automatically include a lot of useful information, that is often key to analysing issues.
- If this is not possible, for some reason (e.g. RKWard is not starting at all), make sure to include information on the following items:
- the version number of RKWard
- the version number of R
- the version number of KDE
- the operating system
- the method of installation used (for KDE, R and RKWard; e.g. binary bundle, distributor's packages or compiled from source)
- what did you do to run into the problem? (if it's running some R code, please consider including example code to reproduce it)
- how can the problem be reproduced?
Only if this is not possible for some reason, you can also send your report to our mailing list.
- Please report one wish at a time. Split several issues into several tickets. This make it much easier to manage.
- Try to make a specific suggestion, not just "Feature XY should be improved". If you cannot quite put your finger on what should be done, do let us know, too, but write to our mailing list, instead of opening a ticket. This is better suited for discussions.
- While in many cases this information may not be strictly necessary, it is never wrong, and often helpful, to include the output of rk.sessionInfo() in your request.