All dates on this page are subject to change with or without prior notice. We put up this schedule to coordinate release efforts, but not to enslave ourselves to a plan.
Several options exist for following the development version of RKWard.
A preview release (0.6.5-pre1) will become available roughly March 11, 2016. More preview releases may be created during the testing phase on an as needed basis.
- Call for testing: to be done.
- Source tar.gz (see Building RKWard From Source for instructions).
- Links to binary packages (not all may be available, immediately):
- Ubuntu or Ubuntu with CRAN version of R
- Windows binary installer (see RKWard on Windows for instructions).
- Windows binary bundle (see RKWard on Windows for instructions; This may not be updated for every preview release!).
- MacOSX binary installation bundle (see RKWard on Mac further information and further installation options).
The testing phase will be open until March 24, 2016. The phase may be extended, if needed, but please try to provide all substantial testing feedback by this date.
Deadline for translations
The deadline for translations ends with the testing phase, on March 24, 2016. Please supply your translations before this date. See http://l10n.kde.org for information on how to get involved with translations. Contact us on the mailing list, if you need assistance.
Release candidate / packaging
Subject to the outcome of the testing phase, a 0.6.5-rc1-release will be prepared on or around March 25, 2016, and will appear in http://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/for_packaging/. Packagers are encouraged to start producing packages based on this release (with details to be announced on the mailing list).
The intent is to release the final version with no change with respect to the release candidate (except for the version number). Only grave bugs will prompt another rc-release. Minor bugs reported after the rc1-release will have to wait for the next release cycle.
Packagers: If you intend to publish packages before the official release, please make sure that the version number contains some indication that this is not the "official" version, yet (e.g. a "-rc1" suffix). Otherwise, if we do need to make a last-minute change to fix an important problem, this may result in different versions floating with the same version number, and serious confusion.
The targetted official release date for RKWard 0.6.5 is April 2, 2016.
RKWard 0.7.0 (KF5)
No schedule is set for releasing RKWard 0.7.0 (the first version to be based on version 5 of the KDE libraries), yet. Below are some initial previews:
- Daily builds for Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-kf5-daily
- Windows installer (including R and KDE; ~140 MB): https://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/bundles/Windows/rkward-x64-latest-mingw-w64.exe